There are two things people say most often about adoption.
- You can’t save them all.
- Do you really need another kid?
And I agree. We can’t save them all. And adopting one out of 154 million feels like a drop in the bucket. But here is what I know.
It would only take 7% of the Christian population to solve the orphan/foster care crisis. Only 7%.
Imagine if that 7% were empowered to bring these ones into their homes. Imagine if the other 93% rallied around that 7%.
No, I can’t save them all. But the body of Christ can.
And frankly, no. I don’t need another kid. (I sometimes wonder if I need the ones I have, hardy-har-har.)
This is not about me. Or us. Or our family.
This is about a child that God called us to rescue. This is about a little girl who needs us. This is about giving God our yes. This is the overflow of our redemption. The overflow of how very loved we are.
This is about being a family for Sissy, not getting a kid for our family. Our family already has a ton of kids.
From now until Easter, I’m going to share Reece’s Rainbow kids…I am asking you to pray over their profiles. Give God your yes and see where it leads. There are so many things that we can actively DO.
- We can pray.
- We can give.
- We can show up for adoptive/foster families, helping with fundraising and meals and moral support.
- We can adopt.
Pray for Curtis today. He is a person of eternal significance, created in the image of God. Ask God what your part in these lonely ones’ lives is.